Click on the picture to watch a video on TopSoccer
What is TOPSoccer?
(The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community based soccer program that is designed to meet the needs of children aged 4-19 years with physical and/or mental disabilities. The program is geared toward player development rather than to competition. Athletes are placed on teams according to ability NOT by age.
TOPSoccer furthers US Youth Soccer's mission of fostering the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels. In short, TOPSoccer takes kids from the sidelines to participating in the game. Ask the parents or participants of TOPSoccer and you'll understand why TOPSoccer!
What is the TOPSoccer Parent's role?
You will need to provide transportation to and from all practices and games ensuring that the player is prompt not only in arriving but also in departure. Please also stay and watch practices and games and lend your support in a positive manner. Always ensure that your child is dressed and brings appropriate equipment to all games and practices. Parent's should also provide necessary information to program adminstrator's and coaches that will enhance your child's experienace and progression in the program.
How do I Register?
Procedures vary from state but costs are kept to a minimum so that they are affordable for all. Registration fees include insurance and in some cases uniforms and equipment costs. TOPSoccer is open to any child with a disability including but not limited to: A.D.D., Autism, Hearing Impaired, Sight Impaired, Down Syndrome, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Seizure Disorder and Spinal Bifida. It may be necessary to provide a doctor's permission slip in order for your child to participate.
What a Parent Should expect from the program?
1. The game and activities shall be adapted in ways that will ensure your child learns at his/her own pace.
2. TOPSoccer will improve the overall fitness, self esteem and social skills of your child.
3. It will be a fun and meaningful experience for you and your child.
4. Practices and games will be organized
What are the benefits of TOPSoccer for my Child?
1. Your child will develop a sense of belonging to a community and will learn the value of being part of a team.
2. Improvement in self esteem, fitness and social skills.
3. Success based on ability.
TOPSoccer Players Rights!
1. The right to participate in every game and to play at least 50% of each game.
2. The right to participate at a level that corresponds to each child's ability.
3. The right to play as a child and enjoy participation in the sport.
4. The right to participate in a safe and healthy enviroment.
5. The right to decide when to participate in soccer.